Periodontitis and the Bonner method

Hello everybody. I was diagnosed with severe periodontitis earlier this year and the periodontist I've been referred to uses the Bonner method. This method is not commonly used (in the UK, it's not practiced at all) and so I'm a little concerned. Researching it, it's seems an effective method so I guess I just wondered why it is so uncommon.

Edit: a link to a research study if anyone wants more detail

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know a dentist who pratice Dr. Bonner method in Illinois or Missouiri, USA? Thank you.
Hi James,
I'm wondering if you have been able to find a dentist or periodontist that performs the Bonner procedure? I live in New York and I have connected with a periodontist in Los Angelos but it would involve extensive travel for me as the treatment plan is over the course of 10 months. I am looking for someone closer to New York. However if I cannot locate anyone I am prepared to travel as everything I have researched about the Bonner method indicates it is very effective. Please let me know. Thanks Shirleen Tomasello

Vote:

Ask a Question