No teeth

I needed dentures and couldn't afford to do it all at the same time. I asked the dds if I could do either the top this year and the bottoms next yr. He said no they would never match correctly. I asked if there was a cheaper way to get dentures. I only have 2,000.00 of coverage a year. He suggested shaving all my teeth down to the gums to avoid the cost of extractions. I said that also sounds less painful. This whole procedure would cost 6,000.00. This is much, much cheaper than getting implants and wrapping dentures around them. I agreed. All the teeth were ground down to the gums. I kept going to the dds for molds. This took 6 weeks to complete. The big day arrived and the teeth were the size of baboon teeth. He had a hard time even getting them in my mouth. He then said well we have to start all over again and pull all your teeth. This plan won't work. I said wtf. Using the words as opposed.... he fired me as a patient. I am now without teeth and out 2,000.00. What to do next. I have no idea. Please, please help me.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Did you have a try in visit, where the teeth were tried in wax first, to evaluate tooth shape and size? Usually during this stage, changes can still be made if you are unhappy with the look of the dentures.

Vote:

Ask a Question