How to save my remaining wisdom teeth

Hi, i would like to know a way to save my remaining wisdom teeth :). Well, first of all, as you can see, I have already had 4 premolar extractions years ago for braces. Now, two weeks ago I had my wisdom tooth extracted (the one marked), my dentist recommended it because of the way it is arranged and because I had pericoronitis, I followed his instructions and did it, I intended to stop there, but now I know that if I don't extract the top one, the tooth can (and will) overerupt and I'm afraid that if I don't extract the other side, there could be an imbalance in my bite, I would really like to stop there, I wouldn't want any more extractions, I'm confident that that lower wisdom tooth will straighten out, it has too much room and will compensate for my missing premolar, but I think there is no other option :(, or if anyone has any opinion on what solution I can take, short or long term, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for reading me!

Pd: a solution I thought of is to somehow bring my molars 1 and 2 back a little to touch my wisdom tooth and avoid over-eruption or is that too difficult? I really don't want any more extraction, now I know that prophylactic extractions are becoming less and less recommended
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-18 at 10.17.41 AM.jpeg

Solution
The roots of the wisdom tooth are fully developed. Which means their growth and movement potential is minimal. It is also clear from the x-ray that there is not enough space for it to upright itself.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your other lower wisdom tooth will unfortunately not straighten out. Even with the missing pre-molar, there clearly won't be enough space for it to erupt fully. The best recommendation would be to remove all the remaining wisdom teeth. The over-eruption of the top one, on the side that you already extraction, will eventually happen, but it takes years. You can monitor it and only extract it when necessary, but it would be easier to remove the remaining 3 in one go. The left lower wisdom has a high risk of damaging the adjacent molar.

Vote:
Your other lower wisdom tooth will unfortunately not straighten out. Even with the missing pre-molar, there clearly won't be enough space for it to erupt fully. The best recommendation would be to remove all the remaining wisdom teeth. The over-eruption of the top one, on the side that you already extraction, will eventually happen, but it takes years. You can monitor it and only extract it when necessary, but it would be easier to remove the remaining 3 in one go. The left lower wisdom has a high risk of damaging the adjacent molar.
Hi Dr., thank you so much for you reply :D ! if you don't mind, could you give me a reason why there's not chance my wisdom tooth won't straighten out? :(

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The roots of the wisdom tooth are fully developed. Which means their growth and movement potential is minimal. It is also clear from the x-ray that there is not enough space for it to upright itself.

Vote:
Solution

Ask a Question