Fixing my bad teeth - where to start?

I am 56 and in the UK and have bad teeth and gum disease. I have lost several teeth including an upper canine. I have some bone loss. I had periodontic treatment when I lost the canine and think the remaining teeth are relatively stable although discoloured.
I have a small denture to replace the canine.
I have several missing molar teeth but have all my front upper and lower ones save for the canine.
I am going to be getting some money in a few months and wondered what my options were regarding getting a decent smile makeover. I have seen things like all on 4 but don't think I am bad enough to need that but would need implants and veneers? I see adverts for dentists in Turkey and all that. It's very confusing to know where to go to get decent impartial advice.
There used to be a show on TV called '10 years younger' where they gave people make-overs to make them look younger and this typically involved the kind of dental work I imagine i would need. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Firstly make sure the periodontal disease is stable.
After that you can maybe consider a single implant for the missing canine, if there is enough bone to support it, or consider doing a 3-unit dental bridge.
For the molars, you could also look at implant bridges, but only if the bone supports this. Or consider a more stable chrome cobalt partial denture, which is stronger and more comfortable,

Vote:
Starting your journey to dental restoration may feel daunting, but it's simpler than you think! Here's a step-by-step guide:

Step 1: Select a Trusted Dentist​

Find a dentist to address your concerns, discuss your options, and devise a personalized treatment plan. Consider FLoMo Dental for their caring and professional approach.

Step 2: Schedule a Consultation​

Share your objectives and any worries you may have. The dentist will assess your teeth, conduct X-rays if necessary, and suggest the most suitable action plan.

Step 3: Prioritize Your Treatment​

Your dentist may suggest cleanings and fillings, restorative procedures, or cosmetic dentistry. FLoMo Dental can assist you through each stage and provide financing options to make treatment more accessible.

A healthy smile is a beautiful smile!

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your periodontist should be able to give an opinion on the state of your teeth. The loss of a canine is a poor sign; these are usually one of the last teeth to be lost due to perio. And as you start losing molars, the remaining teeth aren't really designed to take heavy chewing forces.
After you talk to your periodontist, ask them if they can suggest for you to see someone reputable. For God's sake don't go on a dental tourism holiday! I have seen some really horrible results that simply make things worse and cost a fortune to correct (if possible).

Vote:

Ask a Question