Tooth infection dying

Hello I would like to ask a dentist on here what's the probability of dying from a tooth infection I've heard you can get bad complications from it like sepsis Ludwig angina and a inflamed heart valves and also bone loss problems I'm a very anxious person about this stuff if a dentist could answer my question it would mean a lot 🙏

I would like to add as well I've been told off another dentist on a forum that it rarely spreads to the body and the bacteria in the mouth is weak so the body defenses will easily get rid of it

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A serious tooth infection definitely has the potential to spread to adjacent facial spaces and teeth. It can also lead to severe complications such as Ludwig's Angina.
Any bacterial infection can also lead to septicemia if left untreated.

Best advice is to sort out any infection as soon as possible.

Vote:
A serious tooth infection definitely has the potential to spread to adjacent facial spaces and teeth. It can also lead to severe complications such as Ludwig's Angina.

Thankyou for answering why did the other dentist says it wouldn't spread if it's ok ask ?

Vote:

How common is it to cause these problems?

Vote:

Ask a Question