Vision from dentists severe problem

Hello there,

I have made an account because I would like to get some advice on my case if possible.

A while ago I suddenly discovered a big hole in my 5th tooth. At first I thought it was some food or something then I was shocked to find out there was a very big hole in my tooth.
Now, it isn’t entirely surprising because I haven’t been to a dentist for a long time. I have had reasons for it, I can’t go into further details because this post will be to long.

There are also some cariës in my molars but I have the idea they stopped progressing (however these are not entiry holes as wat is going on wit the 5th tooth. I checked the other side 5th tooth, and there also are starting problems because plague gets stuck inbetween the teeth where there is gum recession, however not as severe and I hope this will go away with the new routine I have now. I always brushed my teeth thoroughly, but have extreme dry mouth during the night (probably sleep apnea) and have vitamin D deficiency and other deficiencies which I am working on.

Now the reason for my post: is there maybe a dentist who could tell me if this tooth can still be saved? I get extremely anxious, and have nightmares about it. This made me delay even further, but now I have contacted a new clinic I want to go to. It is making me feel extremely embarrassed and I suddenly have issues with smiling and I could never imagine I would have that in my life. I feel horrible. Anyone who can give me insight in the situation? Regarding how bad it is and if it still can be saved?

Attachments

• 5C92F8B8-BB3C-4D3E-ACCA-C9F4602B87FA.jpeg
    5C92F8B8-BB3C-4D3E-ACCA-C9F4602B87FA.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 7C3C00A3-C899-497E-89D8-4C9C44109C4F.jpeg
    7C3C00A3-C899-497E-89D8-4C9C44109C4F.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 6

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Depends on how deep the decay goes and for that you would need an x-ray to be taken. If the decay goes into the nerve, then a root canal might be indicated.

Vote:

Ask a Question