Tooth root left after extraction

a tooth was extracted in February after a failed root canal. But the dentist was unable to get a root out.he tugged and pull but left it in. I was on waiting list since February and now got a slot next week to have it removed. My dentist sd there was a six week wait and get it done quickly before all the tissues grow back well after four months they have. I am getting no pain or problem with it yet. I cd leave it and monitor or go next week and have it out. I have Atrial fibrillation, irregular heart beat but hv been good but got cold this week and it took off now on and on antibiotics To clear the infection. If i go ahead what precautions should this hospital take to avoid excess bleeding ie stopping my blood thinner but for how long?they have not told me. I was also sick this week with fast heart and had to go to hospital. Is a root extraction a cause of AF and is it best to postpone my extraction until I have got over my cold infection. How long can you wait till too late to get it out? I would have thought it is fully covered now. So basically how long shd I stop my rivaroxiban for Before the op? What if they can’t get it out, and leave part in I will be back where I started? I had root canal before and this may have made the root brittle. What drugs can they use to put me out because I am on low dose beta blocker and have Af occasionally? Any anaesthetic May kick off my AF. I am tempted to leave alone .

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
To answer this question it is best to contact your medical GP in order to advise you on how to take your medication over the extraction period. Try and contact the hospital as well in order to inform them of your medical status.

Vote:

Ask a Question