Tooth Extraction

Hi there. Complete newbie on here so please forgive me if this is not in the correct place.

I had a tooth extracted 3 days ago now (photos to follow) and being an obsessive worrier, I want to check whether it is normal for me to still feel the same constant dull ache type pain that I felt before the bad tooth was taken out. I have only ever had one tooth taken out before and I don't recall any pain at all following the extraction.

I have obviously followed all advice, I just want to make sure it is healing and isn't infected etc 🙏
PXL_20240809_121804464.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Does look like there might be some inflammation, which might indicate a dry socket. Dry-sockets usually appear 3 to 5 days after an extraction, and is accompanied by a dull ache and bad smell. If the pain was still present immediately after the extraction, you would also need to rule out any additional issues. It looks like the molar on the photo also has some decay. Do you have additional appointments with the dentist?

Vote:

Ask a Question