To ligate or not ligate

suppose a patient comes with a moderate midline diastema and it was closed for her with powerchains. Is it necessary to place ligature ties (metal) to settle the result after the gaps are closed ? If so for how long before debonding ?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A lot of times a retention wire is placed indefinitely. Midline diastemas have a tendency to relapse. If the retention wire is not something the patient wants, I would then strongly suggest a removable retainer to sleep with at night, also indefinitely.

Vote:
A lot of times a retention wire is placed indefinitely. Midline diastemas have a tendency to relapse. If the retention wire is not something the patient wants, I would then strongly suggest a removable retainer to sleep with at night, also indefinitelyY

Vote:
Thanks for your response but what i was referring to was actually the times before retainer placement ( before removing brackets and placing retainers). So i was thinking during those times placing continious ligature ties (2 months or more) might be helpful to settle the occlusion ? Am i wrong ?

Vote:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineP

Latest Threads