Sensitive teeth due to root exposure

I have gum recession on my bottom teeth and of late they have become more sensitive. I have an appointment with my dentist but not until the 6th of September, is there anything I can do to relieve this in the meantime?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Rub some Sensodyne toothpaste on the area and leave it on. Do this 3 times a day. Any of the Sensodyne's would suffice.

Vote:
I completely understand the pain you are going through with your bottom teeth. I have exposed root. Loss of bone. I'm way to sensitive to cold food/beverage.

I got out of my dentist appointment and she told me to use sensodyne. And to speed up the effectiveness of it she told me not to rinse my mouth with water when done with brushing. Just spit the toothpaste and don't eat or drink for 20 - 30 minutes.

If you rince right away after brushing the active products don't have enough time to have an effect on your teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question