Root canal top price quote

My NHS dentist has quoted me over £800 for some root canal treatment. There is no real explanation for the high cost or why this cannot be done on an NHS tariff.
What's the best way to shop around and find a cheaper option? Are there any good websites that can recommend reputable dentists either in the UK or abroad?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Asks for your dental x-rays or a copy thereof, and go for a second opinion at another dentist. Unfortunately a lot of the materials used during root canal procedures are expensive, sometimes imported and does not get covered under normal NHS tariffs.
This does not mean that there might not be a dentist out there that could do it for a bit cheaper, since private rates are dentist specific.

Vote:
They have got back to me and said that as this is a re-root canal treatment, NHS rates do not apply. If I have previously had a treatment on the same tooth, it would have been a very long time ago. Are they right to say this?

Vote:

Ask a Question