Possible Cut on Gum?

I have a pinhead pinkish dot at my gum line where my tooth is. My mom looked at it and said it basically looks like a teeny tiny cut. It doesn’t hurt unless I put my finger on it, and it just bled a tiny bit. I noticed it on Saturday, and it hasn’t grown. I feel like it’s probably not significant enough to go to the dentist, but I wanted to ask to be sure. Also, this is the implant that I had placed a couple of years ago, and my health anxiety makes me nervous about things. The dot is not raised and is not filled with pus or throbbing. Thanks so much!

Based on your description, it's possible that the pinkish dot at your gum line could be a small cut or irritation. The fact that it hasn't grown larger and doesn't hurt unless you touch it suggests that it might not be a serious issue. However, since this is an implant site, it's essential to have it checked by a qualified dentist clinically, to rule out any potential complications or infections! Your dentist can assess the area, clean it if necessary, and provide guidance on how to manage it appropriately. Given your health anxiety, it's understandable that you want to ensure everything is okay. I recommend scheduling an appointment with a qualified dentist to get a professional opinion on this matter. Remember, it's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to oral health issues.

Vote:

Ask a Question