Please help, I'm absolutely terrified of dentists and I don't know if my teeth are just stained or have cavities

Hello there,

I haven't had any fillings yet, I'm 39 and it was a good few years ago since my last visit to the dentist.

I really struggle to go because of panic attacks and I can barely type this message without going into one too, anything to do with teeth just scares me so much.

Yesterday I looked at my teeth closely in the mirror and all the crevasses look like this and I'm so so so scared that it's cavities everywhere. I drink a lot of coffee so some might be staining but I just can't handle a checkup, I really can't. I don't know what to do, my mind is going to the darkest places over this. Please, please help.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Could be staining, but you need a clinical examination by a dentist. They need to probe these fissures in order to see if the dental probe "hooks" anywhere or if any of those brown spots, are soft, which might be indicative of active caries.

Vote:
Thank you for getting back to me. I'm trying to build up the courage to go and get it checked. Do you think if I have no sensitivity issues with them that there is any need for something bad like a root canal?

Vote:

Ask a Question