Pain in the extreme left side of the mouth - picture below

Hi,
For the past few days, I have a pain in the lower, extreme left side of my mouth. I took a picture of that area (attached). Can any dentist on this forum comment on what could be causing the problem by looking at the picture if possible? Tried to get an appointment with a dentist here but the next available appointment is after two weeks. Just want to know what could be the problem and whether it is ok to be with this for two weeks (I'll do salt water rinse and take some pain killers in the meantime).

Also, there is a black spot on the bottom teeth (towards the end). Not sure if that is an infected teeth. If it is, then do I need to get the teeth extracted? :-(.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ExtremeLeftArea.jpeg
    ExtremeLeftArea.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The photo is not clear enough to see the cause. The black spot could be a cavity, but you would need to take an x-ray to confirm this. If the pain is not that severe, normal painkillers should suffice until you see your dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question