Opinions, anything wrong with the roots of my 1st molar? (See photo)

About 6 weeks ago, I was in absolute agony for a week with extreme tooth pain that extended allround my right side of my face around my eyes and nose.

I eventually got a dentist appointment about a week and a half later after the pain first started, by which time the pain had thankfully settled down due antibiotics (and painkillers) previously prescribed by my doctor.

When they x-ray'd my 1st molar on my right side, they said that they could see the root of the tooth (which has a big deep filling) was unfortunately starting to die and decay and likley infected the neve going up to my face, which caused all my pain the previous week.

They said the tooth needs to either come out or have a root canal done on it.

My question is, can you also see the issue/decay with the roots of my 1st molar on right side or does it look ok/healthy to you?

Opinions wanted on this.

Kind regards: Elliott.

IMG_6574.JPG

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Yes. There is clear enlargement of the PDL around the roots and there is also definitely secondary decay underneath the filling that has affected the nerve. I would also suggest a root canal to be done on this tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question