Long journey need help

I’m new here. Very long story try to be brief! I have small fiber neuropathy all over my body. It’s a neurological disease with no cure and cause problems (autonomic) heart, bladder, temperature regulating, (sensory) can’t wear clothes that itch have seams it just goes on and on. Had severe periodontal disease and had all my teeth extracted 12/22. Took 8 months to heal because of the neuropathy. Finally got dentures continued to swell with pressure pain ect. Dentist suggested allergies to material. Had patch testing done not allergic to dentures but allergic to mint. There is literally nothing in oral care that doesn’t contain mint. However using baking soda vinegar ect to brush and clean dentures and mouth. Still cannot wear dentures. Pain is horrific it’s definitely from the small fiber neuropathy. My mouth swells every day I can’t wear the denures more than an hour and the pain and pressure is debilitating. I’ve lost 25 pounds from not eating. Questions: anyone else have this? Don’t know where to go? Neurologist says nothing dentist says nothing I’m circling the drain

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I assume the dentures are acrylic? Have you discussed metal base dentures with your dentist? Might be better than the acrylic base.

Vote:
I’m not allergic to the denture material I believe it’s the pressure of the dentures on my nerves in my mouth just like my small fiber neuropathy all the nerve endings fire off so I think metal would be heavier? I need some kind of dental/neurologic/oral surgeon doctor and I don’t know if that is even such a thing?

Vote:

Ask a Question