Is Trendelenburg position normal during root canal procedures?

Been getting root canal done at a student establishment. Wanted to ask if Trendelenburg position is normal for root canal procedures. My head starts to ache real bad near the end of the appointment and it feels like blood is pooling in my neck behind my ears. I am then returned to normal position and "given a break". I just wanted to ask if this kind of thing is normal because its very uncomfortable later on. Head below the body seems like a thing that could hurt a person if its done for 2hrs 30 mins. But I don't know about dentistry hence I ask here. Thank you for your time. I otherwise get along well with my student dentists.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Could be that the dentist uses that position to facilitate better vision for himself while working. If the position bothers you, mention this to the dentist next time. They can easily adjust the chair.

Vote:
Yes, the Trendelenburg position can be used during root canal procedures to improve blood flow to the head and increase patient comfort. Dentists consider factors like patient medical history and procedure complexity when deciding its use. Admire dental care ensures patient safety and comfort throughout treatments, with the position being one tool to enhance these aspects when appropriate. Its application varies based on individual patient needs and dentist preferences, aiming to optimize the overall dental experience and treatment effectiveness.

Vote:

Ask a Question