Is Traditional Gum Surgery cheaper and effective enough compared to Laser Gum Surgery?

I have pain in all my teeth. My diet is limited to rice, mashed potato, soft pasta, and melted cheese.... I can only eat things that are above room temperature. I am still in pain even so.

I do have Bruxism but my Oral Surgeon thinks most of the pain in my teeth are being caused by referred pain coming from my gums (Is this plausible?)

So I went to the Periodontist. His X-rays’ revealed generalized chronic adult periodontist: Caste Type III - moderate.

He wants to do Laser Gum Surgery:
Upper right quadrant-Laser osseous surgery LANAP
Same for Upper left quadrant, Lower right quadrant, and Lower left quadrant too

Occlusal adjustment: full mouth.

Is there a less expensive option viable? He is giving my a generous 50% discount (sliding scale so cost comes to: $4287.50) but I’m just wondering if there’s something cheaper that would also work? Like Traditional Gum Surgery? How does that compare, is it effective enough?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It does sound like you need definite intervention by a periodontist. You can try and see if you can get a second opinion from another periodontist and then compare the prices.

Vote:

Ask a Question