Is this leukoplakia? If so should I be concerned?

I’ve had this in the hard palate for around 2 years, I’m also breathing through my mouth a lot as I have a deviated septum, not a smoker but occasional drinker, nervous this could turn into cancer I’m 25 years old

Attachments

• IMG_9432.png
    IMG_9432.png
    656.9 KB · Views: 29

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Have you mentioned this to your dentist with your last check-up? Did the while lesion enlarge over time or not?

Vote:
Have you mentioned this to your dentist with your last check-up? Did the while lesion enlarge over time or not?
It’s stayed around the same size but not sure if the appearance changed much truthfully didn’t pay it much attention basically forgot about it I haven’t seen my dentist in about a year but have an appointment in two weeks I remember asking about it back then he said it’s nothing to worry about but the more I look at it and google it stresses me out figured some second opinions could help

Last edited:

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If it has not increased in size, most likely is nothing to be concerned about. The only way to know for sure if it something sinister or not, is to biopsy the lesion.

Vote:
If it has not increased in size, most likely is nothing to be concerned about. The only way to know for sure if it something sinister or not, is to biopsy the lesion.
Does the color of my hard palate seem off or somewhat normal? The one lesion disconnected from the main part I believe is due to a cut I had , the big almost M shaped area is what’s worrying me , i appreciate all of the feedback

Vote:

Ask a Question