Grind Teeth - Dentist says i need alignment & composite

Hi,

I’ve just been to the Dentist and have been told that where i grind my teeth in my sleep, its damaged my teeth so badly that i need to have 10,000 pounds worth of work done.

Supposely i need to have my teeth aligned (as this is causing part of the problem) and then she said she needs to build my teetj back up. She didn't explain how but after a bit of googling im assuming she was talking about composite bonding.

I was hoping to get some advice on the following:

- Should I call around other dentists to get a 2nd opinion or just other prices or will they all be the same?
- If i have my teeth straightened/ aligned - why can i not just wear a mouth guard afterwards? Why do i need to have the composite bonding - is that necessity or more of a vanity thing?!

Any advice would be appreciated - obviously i’m willing to do what is necessary for the health of my teeth but 10,000 pounds just seems astromonical.

Thanks,
Natalie

Ask a Question