Full dental implants even though I have 22 good teeth.

I was scheduled for full dental implants and told I was a perfect candidate. I have 17 healthy teeth and 5 that need capped. I could use a couple of moler implants. But why pull so many good teeth ? Is it for the 40k they want to charge.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sounds like you need to get a 2nd opinion from another dentist. I would not recommend removing teeth, if other options have not been considered as well.

Vote:
If you have 22 healthy teeth, full dental implants might not be necessary. Implants are typically considered for replacing missing or severely damaged teeth. It's best to consult with a dental professional to assess your specific needs. Admire Dental Care can provide expert advice and personalized treatment options based on your dental health.

Vote:
I've just had a full upper, I had 4 bad teeth left so I really needed it. I personally wouldn't get any teeth removed if they can be fixed. You want to keep your own teeth as long as you can, nothing else is ever as good. If you are willing to pay $40k on implants I'd be spending a lot less on fixing what is there. Even if you want to get a few single implants just do that.

Having the surgery is no walk in the park! It's long and painful. Then the days following my face is blown up like a balloon and bruised everywhere. Not to mention more pain than the surgery itself. I know everyone is different and some may fair better than me and some worse. Don't take this procedure as an easy fix to make yourself look better, it's a big surgery. I'd be looking at implants as a last resort. Only my opinion of course. Good luck with what you decide ;)

Vote:

Ask a Question