Floss will not pass between two new crowns over implants

New implants are comfortable but I cannot get floss between two top molar crowns over implants. Dentist says to use gum picks. A gum pick only enters at the very top. Will this situation, inability to use floss, create problems for me?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Are the implant crowns fused together? Sometimes this is done to increase strength and stability of the implants.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
No, it should not, if you clean with inter-dental brushes. Continue to go for your regular check-ups. The bone and gum level around the implants can then be monitored.

Vote:
No, it should not, if you clean with inter-dental brushes. Continue to go for your regular check-ups. The bone and gum level around the implants can then be monitored.
Thanks. I had to look up interdental brushes. This is not the same as the Gum Picks, right? The interdental brushes seem to have a brush like surface, thicker than the picks. In either case they will only enter at the gum line, so from what you say I should be OK if I observe good hygiene. Is all this correct?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
TePe brushes are also a form of interdental brushes. The only have a rubber point instead of bristles.

Vote:
TePe is nice, since they last longer.
Thanks for advice. Most important to me is that I will not have future problems if I maintain good hygiene and use TePe at the gum line of the two crowns. Why they are joined I don't know. Seems to me that they should have been returned to the lab for modification.

Vote:

Ask a Question