Filling has fallen out 3 times within 6 weeks

Hi all.

I have to get the same tooth filled three times, now, within 6 weeks. Today, it was filled for the 3rd time, but they didn't put near as much filling in. Also, the dentist spent less than 10 minutes. Is this normal? I have previously asked if another dentist could do it, but they stated only the dentist who previously could fix it without me being charged all over again. I just feel like, if it happens again, I should call my insurance company and have them call.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How big is the filling? If the filling is too large, you might need to consider a crown. If the filling is in the bite, the filling should also be reduced in order to relieve pressure. Do you have a photo that you could share?

Vote:
I don't think I'd be able to get a picture as it's between the 3rd and 4th tooth from the front. My husband says it's not a big filling at all, so I'm not sure about that either.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Maybe consider going to another dentist. I understand that you will have to pay again, but if you take into consideration the time that you already wasted by going back and then the problem is not solved, it might be worthwhile to see someone else.

Vote:

Ask a Question