Doing a root canal treatment on lower right molar while left upper molar is healing from RCT

Hi, so I have done a RCT on my upper left molar but 2 weeks after the treatment, pain presented in the gum area near the treated tooth. This subsided but there’s still some pain (2 out of 10 pain level) and the treated tooth hurts on pressure. Dentist says to observe for a month. My gut feel is the RCT has failed.

During observation, I used my right side to eat. My right lower molar had a bad chip and my gums hurt badly. This subsided after abt 3 days. I have since gone for the first session of RCT with another dentist for this tooth.

My question is, I’m due to visit the first dentist on the “failed” RCT before I meet the second dentist to complete the RCR. If the first dentist suggests retreatment, should I do it after I complete the RCT for the second problem tooth or even after the crown is completed?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you have any x-rays you could share about the tooth in question? The pain could be,because of a lot of reasons. Sometimes the filling is a bit too high, or sometimes there is a gap, leading to food impaction, which leads to gum pain, which can feel like tooth pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question