Does this crown look right?

I had a crown fitted today after a lengthy back and forth to the dentist. The original dentist I saw was just going to fit this crown before doing a root canal, it only took me seeing another dentist for them to say you actually need a root canal first.

The guy did the work and then fitted this crown. Since I've had it in my bite feel weird, like when I bite down only that tooth meets the lower ones, all my other teeth feel as though they don't come together properly. It also feels big in my mouth, it rubs up against my tongue and it just feels super annoying in my mouth.

The dentist said I have to leave it a while to get used to it, but every time I look at it I just feel as though they have stuck a keyboard key in my mouth.
1000011767.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It sounds like your occlusion is off. The dentist needs to either adjust the crown, or adjust the opposing tooth if it has a filling on it. If you leave it like this, you might develop TMJ issues.

Vote:

Ask a Question