Does my lower gum look normal ? And what solution for my gap teeth on the back

Dear dentist/periodontist,

I was having an issue on my back teeth because the position is slant and it makes a gap between teeth that may cause a risk of food disposition & cause inflammation. My dentist gave me antibiotic but during the consumption I still feel some kind of soreness around my mouth. Then I accidentally check my lower gum and I was shock that my my lower gum looks really think and my dental root shows.

My question is, is this normal ? Note I ever used ortho before when I was young.

And then what should I do with this condition?

Because I always try to clean my mouth really well, brush my teeth diligently, and that lower part was never touched by toothbrush so I dont think it was caused by harsh brushing & for the late 2 years I have always do scaling at least once a year.

and also about my slant tooth, what solution that I must take to reduce risk of food disposition on my tooth gap (gum exposure)

thank you very much

Attachments

• 20240819_184010.jpg
    20240819_184010.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.2.410.200010.1.135.10.1.1723545611.24.jpg
    1.2.410.200010.1.135.10.1.1723545611.24.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 9

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The only way to fix the slanted tooth is with orthodontic treatment unfortunately. The gingiva in the front appears normal. Some people have a thin periodontal biotype and then it is common to see the roots through the gum tissue. You can protect this area by making sure that you use a soft toothbrush and don't use the scrubbing method when brushing teeth. Use the circular method.

Vote:
The only way to fix the slanted tooth is with orthodontic treatment unfortunately. The gingiva in the front appears normal. Some people have a thin periodontal biotype and then it is common to see the roots through the gum tissue. You can protect this area by making sure that you use a soft toothbrush and don't use the scrubbing method when brushing teeth. Use the circular method.
Thank you for the reply doctor.
For my thin periodontal biotype (the bottom part that root was seen) :
1. should that part be brushed by toothbrush?
2. Or I only need to brush the teeth's crown and gum line and just clean that thin gums by gargling?

And for that condition, is it necessary to do treatments like gum graft?

For the slanted tooth, is it possible if use dental filling to cover the teeth's gap?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You can brush very gently on the gum, but keep to the tooth crown as much as possible.
It is not necessary for a gum graft for a thin biotype..

You can try and close the gap on the slanted tooth with a filling, but in my opinion the best option is just to keep it clean with regular flosssing.
Out of experience, I have notice that placing a filling to try and close the gap, sometimes creates a larger food trap, and then makes it difficult to clean.

Vote:
You can brush very gently on the gum, but keep to the tooth crown as much as possible.
It is not necessary for a gum graft for a thin biotype..

You can try and close the gap on the slanted tooth with a filling, but in my opinion the best option is just to keep it clean with regular flosssing.
Out of experience, I have notice that placing a filling to try and close the gap, sometimes creates a larger food trap, and then makes it difficult to clean.
well noted doc, thank you.

I tried to clean it everynight using floss but it's very struggling, especially in the slit/gap below the slanted teeth.
I am just afraid that food is still stuck in the little slit (as picture)
I try using water floss too but still not get used to it.

I also want to ask, I was prescribed with amoxicillin to cure the inflammation/infection, but after I drink all the dose, sometimes I still get a little pain although the gum is no longer bleeding as I clean it with floss,
is it because the gum level is declining ?

thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-22 162223.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 162223.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 1

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is normal to still have some residual gum pain, due to food impaction. GSK, the company that produces Sensodyne, produces a toothpaste called Parodontax. This is specifically for gum related issues. You can brush with this or try and rub some toothpaste on the gum, after brushing and then leave it on without rinsing. See if this makes a difference.

Vote:
It is normal to still have some residual gum pain, due to food impaction. GSK, the company that produces Sensodyne, produces a toothpaste called Parodontax. This is specifically for gum related issues. You can brush with this or try and rub some toothpaste on the gum, after brushing and then leave it on without rinsing. See if this makes a difference.
Well noted thank you so much, I will try to use it first and see.

Vote:
Hello doctor,
I want to ask for your opinion again. Is it better to do orthodontic to straighten the tooth or better pull it out and subtitute with permanent implant?
I went to a orthodontist and she bring out the issue about the canal root treatment in the slanted tooth, she said that she doesnt sure about the canal root treatment was well/right but couldnt figure out with only the panoramic xray picture. And not sure if already use ortho, whether the pain issue resolved.
So I am wondering if the cause of the pain is the slanted tooth, maybe better to pull it out :(
Should i do like a 3D xray to see the canal root treatment better?
Here i attach better picture of the panoramic xray

Attachments

• CHRYSILLA IRIANTI WISESA, NN.Seq1.Ser1.Img1.jpg
    CHRYSILLA IRIANTI WISESA, NN.Seq1.Ser1.Img1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 4

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It does look like the slanted tooth has a root canal that might be getting a secondary infection. My advice would be to remove it. After it healed-usually after about 6 months, you can rather consider a dental implant. This would be the best long term solution.

Vote:
It does look like the slanted tooth has a root canal that might be getting a secondary infection. My advice would be to remove it. After it healed-usually after about 6 months, you can rather consider a dental implant. This would be the best long term solution.
Hello doc, i took other rontgent that focused on the tooth. Does it really an infection there? Or if there's , can the canal root treatment is re-do ?

Attachments

• 20240902_183049.jpg
    20240902_183049.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 3

Vote:

Ask a Question