Do I need to extract the wisdom tooth?

Hello,
I'm a 32 year old male.
About a month ago I started feeling pain in the right side of the jaw and also sensitivity to cold food in that area of the mouth.
Two weeks ago I visited the doctor and I have been told I need to extract my right bottom wisdom tooth because its causing the problem and that I also have a cyst near it.
The wisdom tooth is completely enclosed in the gum, and the doctor said that it is applying pressure on the adjacent tooth and that it can also cause problem to that tooth if I don't extract the wisdom tooth.
About a week ago the pain was gone and now I feel better and there is no pain, only a little sensitivity to cold in the area.
Could it be infection that was healed? Do I still need to have the wisdom tooth extracted? I have the appointment to extract it in a few days.
I attached the panoramic photo. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20240706_094659.jpg
    IMG_20240706_094659.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 8

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would still recommend removing it, if only to prevent damage to the adjacent tooth. If you leave it too long, there is a chance that the adjacent tooth might need to be extracted as well at a later stage.

Vote:
I would still recommend removing it, if only to prevent damage to the adjacent tooth. If you leave it too long, there is a chance that the adjacent tooth might need to be extracted as well at a later stage.
Thanks for the reply.
Would you also recommend extracting the bottom tooth from the other side? because from the photo it looks like its also pushing the adjacent tooth. (It's also inside the gum)

Vote:

Ask a Question