Demineralization? Erosion?

Hello,

After a general cleaning, I was hoping that this yellow spot on my molar along the along/close to the gumline would go away, but apparently the dentist didn't touch it. The picture is a bit difficult to capture this, but is this a demineralized area (which would explain why he didn't touch it)? I looked up some pictures of demineralized enamel, and the color looks different from the area of my tooth. All the pictures seem to suggest a chalky-white color is what we look for, but mine doesn't look chalky at all. It looks a bit more yellowish than the other areas of that tooth. When I touch it with my nail gently, it almost feels softer than other areas of the tooth.

Thank you, I would appreciate any input!

Attachments

• 20240317_212212.jpg
    20240317_212212.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 3

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It seems like you have a bit of gum recession on the indicated tooth. The yellow part that you are seeing, is either dentin or the exposed root surface of the tooth. This can't be cleaned off. You can cover it with a resin filling, if the area is sensitive, to match the surrounding tooth structure. You need to start using a softer toothbrush and focus on your brushing technique,

Vote:

Ask a Question