Composite Bonding concerns

Hey,

I had composite bonding on the 4 middle (top) teeth earlier in the week and the results have really got me down.

The dentist suggested composite bonding for the gaps in my teeth. I had considered Invisalign but I thought I’d give this a go.

When talking through the procedure I asked her to keep it subtle so the teeth would look natural. When we were finished, immediately I didn’t like them, they looked very big and unnatural. My friends have made comments such as they are ‘creepy’ etc which in all honestly I agree with.

Due to go back next week for any amendments.

• Can anyone advise if composite bonding could be done on my teeth in a natural way? (Not too fussed with the gaps, as long as they looked neater)
• Should I ask for it to be removed and go down the Invisalign route instead?

Any advice is hugely welcome. I think I’m borderline depressed!

Thanks
IMG_9206.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9215.jpeg
    IMG_9215.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9205.jpeg
    IMG_9205.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9199.jpeg
    IMG_9199.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9196.jpeg
    IMG_9196.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 12

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If the gaps are large, unfortunately you would need to build up the teeth quite a lot to close all the spaces. The end result might not be what you desire. I would recommend maybe starting with Invisalign first, and then consider composite veneers afterwards, if you still desire it. The end result would then be less bulky and have a more natural look.
If you don't want Invisalign, talk about your concerns with your dentist during the follow-up visit. Sometimes they can be adjusted to give them a more natural look.

Vote:

Ask a Question