Can overcrowding causes bone loss

Went to the dentist for a slight loose tooth. I was told not to worry due to there being slight bone loss due to the overcrowding in my mouth

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Overcrowding, could lead to difficulty in cleaning. Excessive plaque build up, could then lead to inflammation and eventual bone loss. If the crowding pushed the tooth more buccal or lingual, there could also be reduced bone in the area, due to the positioning of the tooth.

Vote:
Heres a picuture of my recent x-ray
Can u tell me all the areas you see bone loss?
IMG_0931.jpeg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like there might be some bone loss around your upper last molars. Difficult to see around your lower front teeth. Best option would be to see a periodontist, so that the bone level can be determined via periodontal probing.

Vote:
Hi Asun_1222

It looks like there might be some bone loss around your upper back teeth. It's a bit difficult to see what's happening with your lower front teeth on this X-ray. To get a clear picture of your bone health, it's best to schedule an appointment with a periodontist. They can do a thorough examination and measure the bone levels around your teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question