Can Invisalign Fix Overbite?

Hallo! I would like to get an honest opinion from experts here about invisalign and how useful can it be in my particular case.

My orthodontist suggested that I should start using invisalign to correct my overbite, and I'm a little bit skeptical about that because I have been wearing braces and retainers for years, and I wasn't able to correct my overbite, so I don't really understand how is invisalign going to be able to correct it. I have a feeling that he is just trying to sell me his service, so I'm hoping someone here can take a look at my x-ray and tell me is this something that an invisalign can fix or surgery is the only solution.

Attachments

• 4_111623 (1).png
    4_111623 (1).png
    693.6 KB · Views: 27

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How was it possible not to correct this overbite with normal braces-especially after years of treatment? Did the orthodontist give any explanation of why this correction was not achieved? I think this sounds a bit skeptical to me. Have you tried getting an opinion from another orthodontist?

Vote:
How was it possible not to correct this overbite with normal braces-especially after years of treatment? Did the orthodontist give any explanation of why this correction was not achieved? I think this sounds a bit skeptical to me. Have you tried getting an opinion from another orthodontist?
Actually, my overbite was even bigger before wearing braces and retainers, so I did make some progress by wearing them, but that doesn't seem to be enough. I talked with two orthodontists and both of them recommended me invisalign. Next I'm planning to visit a maxillofacial surgeon and ask them about potential usefulness of invisalign.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A maxillofacial surgeon would not be able to give you a better opinion than an orthodontist, since this is not his field of expertise.

Vote:
Yes, Invisalign can effectively fix an overbite by using clear aligners to gradually shift teeth into the correct position. These aligners are custom-made based on a detailed treatment plan from your orthodontist. For more severe overbites, additional treatments or attachments might be required. Admiring the advancements in dental care, Invisalign offers a discreet and efficient solution for improving dental alignment and overall oral health. Consulting with an orthodontist will help you determine if Invisalign is the right choice for you.

Vote:

Ask a Question