6 year molars?

My 5.5 year old is due to get her 2nd molars but should I be worried that the gum tissue around her current molar is a bit swollen? Is that typical that the swelling goes beyond the spot of eruption? She has a crown on her current molar from work done last month. She is uncomfortable and not wanting to eat much. I am giving pain meds as needed.

Is this considered too swollen for 6 year molars?

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Just to clarify. Your child is not about to get her 2nd molar. The one with the silver crown, is her primary or baby 2nd molar. The tooth coming in, is her first PERMANENT molar. This happens at around 6 years of age.

Vote:
Just to clarify. Your child is not about to get her 2nd molar. The one with the silver crown, is her primary or baby 2nd molar. The tooth coming in, is her first PERMANENT molar. This happens at around 6 years of age.
Thank you, I was half asleep when I typed that. We’ve had worse nights than usual lately due to this.

Vote:

Ask a Question