6 year molar question

I had posted earlier about my daughter, I have a picture attached to this thread. Her Dentist is thinking it might be due to her spacer or it could just be her six year molars. He will not prescribe antibiotics and told me to go in to the ER if it worsens? I am wondering if I should treat this as an emergency right now, any input would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5121.jpeg
    IMG_5121.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks like it might be her 6 year old molar erupting. No treatment required. You can give her some anti inflammatory medicine if it is painful. That should help. The only way to confirm this, would be with an x-ray. Did the dentist at least take one?

Vote:
It looks like it might be her 6 year old molar erupting. No treatment required. You can give her some anti inflammatory medicine if it is painful. That should help. The only way to confirm this, would be with an x-ray. Did the dentist at least take one?
Thank you. She had sensory issues, significantly, and had x rays and dental work done under anesthesia last month. Here told me then that the molars were close.

Vote:

Ask a Question